Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Photo Challenge #21 Water!

WATER!
  • Submit 5 photos of water- in any way, shape, or form
  • Tweaking IS allowed.
  • Have submissions in by Saturday, June 27th.



Since it was SO hot out on the day of my picture taking, I wanted to get pictures to feel cold. That's why I chose ice. I did two pictures sets for this challenge. The first set used ice in the pool in my back yard. I was excited to see how the photos looked and went to open my back door to check out the pictures on my TV. OOPS! I had locked myself out.

In the 45 minutes (on a 90 degree day) that I had outside, I was suddenly inspired by the blue bowl used to transport water to the outside and did a whole second shoot that I liked MUCH better. I did do some tweeking with contrast and saturation to make the ice look as COLD and REFRESHING as possible.

I present to you my series for the week:


Cool as Ice




3 comments:

  1. VERY nice...I love the vivid blue and the last picture I just want to jump into! For some reason, I am just drawn to your third photo. I love the water dripping over the edge. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful and thirst-inducing.

    Did you use martini glasses for these?

    Love the blues in these! I think my favorite one is the 3rd one - with the water dripping and the melting ice cubes up to the brim. mmmmm refreshing!

    The first and 2nd ones definitely give a "ice cold" vibe as it's ice cubes and blue! But i prefer the 3rd shot as it's pulled away a bit and the ice cubes aren't as crowded.

    The 4th one is also great! It gives a feeling of the flow and splash of water and ice :)

    ~The last one - all sorts of lovely shades of blue and even a bit of a fuschia-ish color in the bottom right.

    Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow great photos!

    ReplyDelete