Sunday, May 17, 2009

Man Vs. Nature

This week's photo challenge is Man vs. Nature. I had a very busy week with not much time for photo challenges. This weekend I was talking to Ben trying to set up a date. I told him that I did not have as much time on Saturday because I wanted to figure out my photo challenge. His reply was that it was ok that we wouldn't have a date because he had let his lawn attack his property and needed to mow. It was a light bulb moment and I present to you Ben vs THE LAWN.

Rules:
1.Submit 3-5 photos by Friday or Saturday this week
2.They may be "tweeked"
3.Can be color, b/w, sepia- anything you feel makes your photographs more dynamic
4.and, finally, have fun!





6 comments:

  1. ha! cool series - I love photo number 4 and the look of grim determination on his face! :D Almost like you're the grass and the lawnmower is COMING FOR YOU! oooohhhhhh!

    The last one is great too - gives the viewer an idea of just what he's up against and I like the angle.

    The first 3 I could almost picture in black and white - might give it a more dramatic look. The first photo is quite pretty against the sky though and also gives the impression of tall grassy chaos.

    Good job with these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did anyone else notice the sour grass? It's a third of the way from the right on the picture. It grew by my house when I was a little and I have been looking for it ever since. It only grew in a small 1 foot by 2 inch patch by my garage, but in Ben's yard, it grows abundant! I ate a tone of it during this photo shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow--he really did let his lawn take over!! But in the end, man conquers! I really like the first one, with the silhouette of the plants against the lovely sky. The different types of plants growing in his lawn (not just grass) makes these even more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice concept this week. I like that there is a human in your photos and that he is conquering the daunting LAWN!!!!

    For me pic #2 does nothing for me.....The other's in this series however are great. I love the angles that 3,4,5 are taken at......The repetition of red in them is great too!! Almost like everything green is representing nature and then anything red is representing man......Like sports jersey's or something!! Great job. really enjoyed these this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh and welcome to the blogging world!!! sooooo exciting!

    ReplyDelete