Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Photo Challenge #17 A Bug's Life


This was one of my favorite weeks of picture taking! If anybody knows me, they know that I am TERRIFIED of all spiders and bugs. Spiders the size of the head of a pin have literally brought me to tears. When I saw the challenge, I decided to challenge myself to go big and take on my fear. I hope that you enjoy them. NOTE: There was NO zooming involved. I was REALLY that close.

Challenge Guidelines:
Submit 3 photos of bugs*-they may be of the same bug from different angles, or 3 different bugs.
These may be tweaked. They must have some color in them-so no B/W (can have select color) or sepia.

A bug is anything with more than 4 legs that is in the insect world, an arachnid, or any kind of creepy-crawly thing.

Enjoy! And remember, there's nothing to fear but fear itself....
.......and spiders.


4 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! (Being your roomate in college I'm aware of how monumental this was for you!) *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. yikes! Does one of the hands in the second photo belong to you?? I think this was my favorite; the hands make a nice backdrop and frame the fuzzy guy really well. The bits of color in the other two are nice also. I actually think that you didnt' need to be quite so close-up--that would give a little more context to the photos.
    Nice Job--way to face your fears!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first one, there is so much hairy detail... I ALMOST want to hold him/her myself.

    In the second one the legs are skinny to the point that it is a little creppy... but the all the lines in both the hands and spider makes it a very intresting photo.

    Did you hold one of them, if you did WOW you are braver then I.

    ReplyDelete